Saturday, August 18, 2012

Thank you - THANK YOU!!!!


I suppose at sometime in every adventure you stop and reflect on all the help and support you got to get you here.  Well for me that time was tonight.  So let me acknowledge a limited number of people (sorry if you don't make the list...don't be offended...know that I appreciate your help and support but had to reduce the list from hundreds...yes, I know I'm needy!) that got me here.

Always at the top of my list are my parents.  Mom and Dad have been a positive force in my life at all stages.  In their retirement stage they continue to mentor and shape my expectations.  After raising four brats they followed the sun many years in an RV finally settling in AZ for the winter months.  They taught me there is life after kids (sorry Jessie & Corey) and work.  They have always been my inspiration to live life to its fullest!!

My partner in life and boating, Admiral Chris, is responsible for all that is good in my adult life on and off the water.  We would not be on the Loop without her insistence, hard work and "get it done and dog gone it Bill lets go!!!" attitude.  Love you the most dear!!!

Without a doubt Sally & Greg Whitaker have been our boating mentors and have helped chart our path on the big blue.  Sally, the cushions you helped Chris make are great and I've already put the fender you leant me to good use!!!  Greg, your inspiration and joy of boating is infectious...thanks for the guidance and support!!!!

 I wouldn't be anywhere on land or sea without the love and support of my best friend and his wife Steve and Cindy Gould.  Tooooo many boat projects to list.  It still floats and we are comfortable in large part because of you!!

We just said goodbye to our life long friends, parenting partners, North Channel mates and all around good souls Cindy & Tom Burger.  They were on board the last week doing what they do best...being life long friends!!

I need to put a plug in here for Pleasurecraft Outfitters.  Randy and his team have done a great job on hardtop, enclosure, seat and many other projects.  Randy has the vision and talent to take your needs and translate them into reality.  His whole team are all-around good people.  Randy, still remember the "brother by another mother" comment...back at you!!

Ok, from here it explodes...family, SSYC friends, neighbors, friends, and on and on!  Without all of your support, tolerance, and laughter I would probably be reduce to worrying about the amount of crab grass in my lawn.  By the way Bob & Mike, howzit looking??

Fair winds to all and know you are in my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment